Re: SQRXZ graphics question

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: SQRXZ graphics question

On Wed, 1 Oct 1997 01:12:36 -0400, "Thomas J. Hruska"
<thruska@TIR.COM> wrote:

>I need to know if all the graphics in SQRXZ are synchronous or
>asynchronous.  I know that graphics like water are sync. or else you would
>see waves that were out of line.  However, I don't know if the enemies are
>sync.  It would be logical to include both types in the A.I. engine which
>would make it easier on those who want to enhance the engine in the future.

All enemies + sqrxz itself acts like sprites and everything else acts
like background (although some parts are obstacles).

Check out the source to the 85 or the 86 version if you want more
detailed information.

Btw, the enemies shouldn't have AI really, because then it isn't Sqrxz
anymore. I wouldn't call 'walk forward until you hit something and
then turn around' for AI.

Jimmy Merdell <mja@algonet.se>
http://www.algonet.se/~mja
IRC: Yarin