Re: TI-82 Mac users only

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-82 Mac users only

> At 06:40 PM 9/29/97 -0600, ilya winham wrote:
> >Tell me if this would be a good idea:
> >How many people would pay lets say, 5$, for a disk or two full of ALL
> >TI-82 games and programs in mac format. These disk(s) would contain
> >between 600-1000 games/programs in .82p/.82g/.82b/.zip format for the
> >MAC! I know some people have trouble getting some programs to work for
> >macs (like decoding and sending to the calc,I.E. stargate, a1solver,
> >nuclear war etc...)  This way you will have all the programs available to
> >date one 1-2 disks! If you think you would be interested please email me.
> >If I get enough response I might carry through with this plan!! (Of
> >course the disks would come with the unreleased Starwars, protennis,
> >diablo, and Pathways into darkness!)

Macs can decode any file. It's just a matter of having a couple
different decoders around for each encoding type. (One of them is bound
to work.)

.zip: StuffIt Expander (with Expander Enhancer), ZipIt, UnZip...
.uue: StuffIt Expander (possibly with EE), uucd, UUundo, UULite...

Another common pitfall in preparing downloaded programs for use with the
Mac Graph Link software is the file type/creator scheme used on the Mac.
The best way to work around this is to create entries in Internet
Config's file mappings for each type of Graph Link file. (This way,
IC-aware programs will automatically assign the correct type and
creator.) Another workaround is to use TIAutoType from TI.

This is a quick overview. If there is enough interest I'll put together
a detailed instruction sheet on ticalc.org.

- Amitai (ticalc.org Mac guy)

--
Wit is educated insolence.
     -- Aristotle