From:   Open discussion of TI Graphing Calculators  On Behalf Of d d d
Sent:   Wednesday, October 01, 1997 10:12 AM
To:     CALC-TI@LISTS.PPP.TI.COM
Subject:        Re: TI-82 Mac users only

>His point was that you shouldn't distribute programs/utils/games
>without
>permission from the author first.  TICALC.org distributes games ONLY
>if the
>author of the program wants it there.  Since it doesn't cost a thing

Once the author uploads it to TICAC, it basically becomes public domain
software, and anyone can have it.

>download programs from TICALC.org (in other words:  its **FREE**).  If
>the
>author wishes to sell (or have somebody else sell) their program, then
>its
>fine.  However, if you start making any type of profit from
>distributing
>THEIR programs, you will have a bunch of SEVERELY ticked off people on
>your
>hands (and many other things will happen to you as well that will
>wreck
>your reputation as a person).

So your're saying that the only way I can send a program to someone is if
I lose money?  I'm not allowed to cover my disk and shipping charges?

>I hope I have made myself fairly clear.  If you do create this, expect
>about half a million messages from my domain alone (and MACs are slow
>downloading things from what I hear).  I will flood your e-mail
>address to
>its limit (if you have one) every day for the rest of your life.  I AM

I hope you like lots of legal proceddings, or rather your parents do,
because that is what you will get.  What he is doing is perfectly legal,
what you plan on doing is perfectly ILLEGAL.  Besides that, It would be
easy to change email address, and then your box will be flooded because
of bounce messages.  Not to mention you will probably lose your ISP, and
it will be noted to other ISP's, so you will have one hell of a time
trying to get access.  Have fun :)

-calc82  c82@juno.com
WANTED:TI-92, prefer something like broken link port to make it CHEAP.