Re: This Newsgroup/List Serve

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

On Wed, 26 Nov 1997, 82nd Deer wrote:

> >Oh, I'm so sorry.  I just want to stop the spam.  I don't understand why
> >you have a problem with this concept..
>
> Because you're wasting bandwith, which I guess is a trivial point now.

No, this bandwidth has a purpose.  To get somebody to do something about
this.  You are simply making it take more bandwidth than I had intended.

> >I just contacted TI about this matter, we'll see what they say..
>
> Good, we can all get a good laugh at you when they respond.  I'm dying in
> anticipation.
>
> >I was here before the spam and I refuse to leave.
>
> Sure you were, chuckles.

That was very constructive.  The vast majority of people on this list are
lurkers.  I don't have the time or the desire to post 10 messages to this
list every day.  That doesn't invalidate my opinion.

> >I didn't just come onto this list.  I have been on this list for quite a
> >long time, and I have contributed on occasion.  I have been quiet about
> >this problem for a good while, but I'm sick and tired of it.
>
> Well, contribute more often.  I've posted many times to this list helping
> people out.  You just sit there doing nothing.  Hmmm...

Again, the vast majority of people on this list are "sitting there doing
nothing".  Why do you have a problem with that?

> >What I'm wondering is how your parents could be letting you stay up this
> >late..
>
> That's mature.  I'm a college student, and I'm smarter than you.

I find it hard to believe that you actually think you can determine what
is mature.  It takes maturity to know maturity.  I'm also a college
student, although I don't see what bearing that has on this discussion.
Judging from your actions on this list, I would say you are about half as
smart as I am.  Once again, that has no bearing on this discussion.

> >I don't know if you're directing this to me, but I assume you are, so in
> >short, if you have nothing constructive to say, don't say it.  Telling me
> >to f**k off 10 or 20 times is not going to make the spam go away.
>
> Neither is posting something that has been requested many times before.

Obviously nothing happened when it was posted before.

> >I know a good number of people who simply have dropped this list because
> >they complained of the spam and received responses like this from people
> >like you.  What a great way to represent the TI community (sarcasm).
>
> I tell them not to respond to the list about spam, because they shouldn't.
> That's just more spam.  Oh, and if you want to see what I've done for the
> ti community, look at http://ti85.home.ml.org/

Your accomplishments are irrelevant.  They will not get rid of the spam,
so why do they have any bearing here?  You have not said anything about the
issue at hand, and instead have resorted to launching attacks on me.  I
don't understand this.

> I've programmed several games, written a pseudo-language, have a dedicated
> TI web page.  What have you done?  Well?  Nothing, that's right.  So just
> go away, nobody likes you.

Oh you're so cool...what is this called?  The "my dick is bigger than
yours" argument?  I am assuming that you are insulting anyone on this
list who hasn't done these things.  I find you to be an ignorant,
conceited dickhead.  Why don't you unsubscribe?

> ---
>  Eviljim (Jim Reardon)
>  eviljim@megsinet.net
>  ICQ UIN #1893323 (talk to me!)
>  http://eviljim.home.ml.org
>  "The dumber people think you are, the more suprised they're going to be
> when you kill them."

Follow-Ups: References: