Re: BASIC Programming Question

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: BASIC Programming Question

To do this, you have to draw the pixels, erase the pixels, draw the
pixels in a new place, erase the pixels from the new place, draw them in
a new place...
A way to possible make this faster is to remember which pixels are on,
and if you move all four left one space, you only erase the 2 trailing
pixels, and draw 2 new leading pixels.  Basically, instead of drawing
lines, you draw the individual pixels.  I dont have an 82, so i dont
know the exact commands, but it is something like pxlon(x,y) and
pxloff(x,y).  To make the set move in different directions, you have an
x change and a y change variable, and add that to the x and y
coordinates each time the pixels move. (i.e. xcord+xdiff -> xcord  and
ycord+ydiff -> ycord).  Finally, you could also, instead of having 4
different variables for each pixel, have 1 pixel for, say the one in the
upper left, and know that there is one pixel to the right (xcord+1)  one
pixel below (ycord-1) and one pixel diagional (xcord+1 AND ycord-1)

Hope this helps.  If you cant get this figured out, i can send you some
sample code on my 86

--
Tim Brierley
brierley@erols.com