Re: Linking TI-86 to TI-86

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Linking TI-86 to TI-86

T Owad wrote:

> I'm having some problems transferring programs from m TI-86 to my friend's.
>  was hoping somebody might be able to help me.  Here's what I've done:
>
> Connected Link cable to both TIs.
> Turned on calculators.
> Set receiving calculator to wat for data (displays waiting on screen)
> Went to the 'Send' menu on the sending calculator.
> Selected the program I wanted to send.
> Selected 'XMIT' menu.
> Then, I get an 'Error 38 Link Transmission Error' on the sending calculator.
> All the time the Receiving TI continues to display 'Waiting'.
>
> What could the problem be?  I've check the connections.
>
> Thanks,
> Tom
I'm not surprised. This happened between my TI-86 and my friend's 86.
[2ND][MODE][ALPHA][S] gave me the final understanding. check your rom
versions. One of you may have 1.2, and the other 1.3. Even though they
are different, it SHOULD work from 1.2 to 1.3, but vice versa, I'm not
sure (actually i tried and it didn't work).

-(: Modem Boy :)-