A simple ASM request (hopefully ti-86, but any will do)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A simple ASM request (hopefully ti-86, but any will do)

Right now, i only know the ti-BASIC, and would like to learn ASM.  I am
a pretty good basic programmer, and have been trying to teach myself ASM
by just looking at sample code (it didn't work, but i am still trying
:-)  If someone out there could write a program (in ASM) that is a
high-low guessing game, I would be very greateful.  The program is
simple, and used by most people as a first program for it's use of if's
loop's, random, input, and output all in a very simple program.  If you
sont know what i am talking about, here it is:

The calc picks a number between 1 and 100.
The person guesses a number.
The calc will say "higher" if the person is too low and should guess
higher.
The calc will say "lower" if the person is too high and should guess
lower.
The calc will say "correct" if the person guesses correctly.
If the person was not right ("higher" or "lower") then the program will
repeat with the same random number.
If the person was right, then the calc will tell the person how many
turns it took and will exit.

That is it.
If you do decide to help me, please do not add anything to the program
to make it easier to follow.  Comments would be greatly appreciated
also.  Thanks ahead of time :-)

you can either post the code here, or (preferably) send it to me at
brierley@erols.com

Tim Brierley
brierley@erols.com