Re: TI Web page update: TI-92 PLUS (US)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI Web page update: TI-92 PLUS (US)

On Sat, 8 Nov 1997 09:14:09 -0500, Richard Bowman
<richard@BOWMANSOFT.COM> wrote:

>The user data archive is Flash memory, not RAM... It gives you 384K of Flash
>to store stuff in. Note, however, Flash memory loses storage areas as it is
>used. After 1,000+ writes, Flash might lose a few bytes of space hear and
>there as data cells become unusable. You can read unlimited times from
>Flash, though. That is why they call it an archive. You should just have
>some programs you always need in there, not things that change a lot because
>it will where out the Flash. Also, the good thing about this 384K of Flash
>is that even when your calc locks up and clears your RAM, all your stuff in
>Flash will still be there!!

It doesn't have to be "real" flash memory since we have a
battery-backup... maybe it's just not cleared during the
initialization phase (i.e. when you reset the calc).

>I also have a question. Does anyone know if the 92Plus runs Fargo?? The FAQ
>on TI's site says the Plus module directly supports assembly language...
>does that mean everything will have to re-assembled to work with it?? It
>mentions ASM at: http://www.ti.com/calc/docs/faq/92pfaq004.htm

Probably. And, with the big ROM in the TI-92 an on-calc text based
assembler wouldn't be at all hard to do - sources and such could be
placed in the "flash" mem!

Niklas Brunlid - http://www.efd.lth.se/~e96nbr
PQF Quote follows:

- "What shall I do?"
- "Well, if you see anything crawl out of the sea and try to breathe,
   you could try telling it not to bother."
        -- Rincewind and Eric at the Beginning of Time
           (Terry Pratchett, Eric)

Follow-Ups: References: