Re: Introducing the TI-92 Plus Module

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Introducing the TI-92 Plus Module

>On Fri, 7 Nov 1997 22:55:33 -0700, in bit.listserv.calc-ti you wrote:
>
>>>The TI-92 Plus Module lets you quickly, easily, and affordably upgrade your
>>>TI-92. Expand your software for college mathematics and engineering courses,
>>Couldn't that be done with an oversized backup from a new calc?
>And from where will the extra memory come?
Bryan's extender.

>>>add more memory, and electronically upgrade to future software versions...
>>>without buying a new calculator.
>>512k expanders have arrived, and if you need one of those, they cost half
>>of $80.
>Really?  For the 92?  Where?

The EuP, http://www.flash.net/~bryanr/extend/, is a finished memory
expander for the 92 that I'm porting to the 83, 2, 5, and 6.

>>Is there any thing else this Module will do?  Does it have a serial port or
>>any goodies?
>Flash upgrades.  The 92 already has a serial port if your using Fargo
>.  Just plug in the graphlink cable.  Then plug the other end through
>a null modem adapter into a modem or whatever.

Yes, but you can't have all at once.  Even though I'm working on a system
that incorperates a speaker, 512k or memory (expandable to 4MB in the
future), and a serial link/port, it isn't done.  I will have a www page up
soon for those who are interested.