Re: Which TI to buy

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Which TI to buy

>Excuse me, you are simply wrong!! The 82 and 85 are the least obsolete
>calculators around. Sure, the 86 and 83 are newer but so what? The 82/85
>have been around a while and have many more basic/assembly programs for
>them. Both are quite sufficient for high school math/science.  Both are
>cheaper, yet the games and programs are much much better. The 82/85
>archives are the biggest for all the 8X calcs. The 82 (Which I have and
>highly recommend) CAN do anything the 83 can do

The 83 it a revamped version of the 82, which has a few more functions.

>(sometimes faster, take
>Spaze Invaders for an example) Plus the 82 has more memory than the 83.
>The 85 assembly world has already skyrocketed and is still growing. The
>82 assembly world will, I guarantee, someday exceed the 83's.

The 82 has been replaced by the 83, programs for the 82 will remain for a
long time but the 83 will exceed the 82 because it is the newer, better
model.

> There is
>already many great 82 asm games and more are being made weekly. Most of
>the 83 games are/will be ported to the 82, and some 82 originals, like
>TURBO, are really cool and useful.  So what I am trying to say is, If
>you want a calc for high school, the 82/85 is your best bet! Trust me,
>you won't be sorry. (By the way, some of the greatest programmers
>program for the 82. And many for the 85 as well.

If I were you I would only go for the two new models (83/86/92II) as
these are revised versions of the 82/85/92. I own a 83, it is very good
but limited on storage space. I wouldn't base my decision on the programs
available, if you want one enough write it yourself, it is that hard. To
decide between an 83/86/92II, work out what type of maths you will need
to do.

If you really want games get a GameBoy, they're heaps better.

From,
      Wesley Moore

Email: moore.w@patash.com.au