Re: The rand command, HELP me

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: The rand command, HELP me

<< A while back I installed ASH 3.0 on my calc.  I deleteed a matrix and
 crashed the calc.  I reinstalled ASH, along with some BASIC games.  I
 believe the games worked before the crash, I'm not sure.  Regardless, any
 basic program that asks for a random number gets an error: overflow
 message.  What can I do?  I love these basic games, and the ASH games,
 but how do i get the BASIC games to run.  Even a simple program only
 containing the command to randomize a number between 1 and 2 crashes.
 Help!
 -Thanks
 -Larry C.
 Larry1492@juno.com >>

Interesting, this happened to me just today.  I was bored and made a ball
program that showed a ball appearing at a random spot and going a random
direction and not erasing itself.  Anyway, It seemed to always start at the
same place, and always go the same direction, because rand always returned the
same #.  To fix it, I just typed rand at the homescreen a few times and it
worked fine.
No lock ups or anything

~Adamman