From:   Tim Brierley [SMTP:brierley@EROLS.COM]
Sent:   Friday, October 31, 1997 8:28 PM
To:     CALC-TI@LISTS.PPP.TI.COM
Subject:        Re: 86 vs. 92

Actually, the other response is not completly correct.  The 92 has less
memory than the 86, (70K vs. 96K).  The 92 is a much more complex and
advanced programming language, allowing for better programs, and the 92
is faster.  The MAJOR difference, however, is that most teachers will
not let you use a 92, and no standardized test (because of the qwerty
keyboard) will not let you use the 92.  If your teacher (are you a
student) will let you use the 92, then go for it, but dont get too
dependant on it because there will be times when you must solve an
equation without the calculator.

basically:  If you can use it in class, go for the 92 with all the
programibility you could hope for, and some VERY advanced math functiond
built in.  If you can not use the 92 in class, or on tests, then go with
the 86.

If you get the 86, you may learn more as you cant be as dependant on it
as you can the 92.
(P.S. the 3D graphing is almost pointless.  I am in calculus 1/2 (there
is calc 1/2 and calc 3 in my school), and I have not used it yet.)