TI-86 Pre-Purchase Questions

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-86 Pre-Purchase Questions

I am purchasing a graphing calculator sometime this summer, and have
decided to go with the TI-86. However, I am plagued by a little 'note'
in the FAQ at Texas Instruments' web page for said calculator, which
reads,
"Will the TI-86 be able to run TI-85 programs?
Yes, the TI-86 will be able to run TI-85 programs.
Note: The TI-86 has made one change in the order of operations.
Therefore, minor editing of a program may be needed on TI-85 programs
transferred to the TI-86."
And also gives a VERY curious table. If anyone can tell me what that
table means, or better yet if anyone can tell me if there's going to be
a major problem for me using the bountiful TI-85 programs and
information on the internet on my new 86, or would it be enough of a
problem to force me into buying another model of calculator? (not the
92, that's practically the damn computer I'm typing this on, and would
be overkill)

Thanks in advance for any correspondence.