Re: TI-85 and ZShell

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-85 and ZShell

wenzke wrote:

> Hello, I was wondering what you need for the TI-85 calc in order to
> download the ZShell games off of the internet.  Can somebody help me
> please?  Thanks a lot in advance.

(1) You need a program that can unzip ZIP files.  The programs you
download will usually be zipped.
(2) You will need ZShell on your calculator for the ZShell programs and
games.
(3) You will need a TI-Graph Link cable or a homemade parallel or serial
link cable to transfer the programs from your computer to your
calculator.
(4) You will need software that will communicate with your calculator
through the link cable.  For the TI-Graph Link cable, you will need its
software.  For the homemade cables, you can get software from
www.ticalc.org.

You can get an unzipper anywhere.  Just search for it.  ZShell,
software, and programs and games can be found at www.ticalc.org and many
other places.  The TI-Graph Link cable can be bought from TI for $40
(cable only) or $55 (cable and software).  Its software can be
downloaded from TI's web site.
        You can build the homemade links yourself, or ask someone else to build
it for you.  Many people, including my friend, build them for people for
a fee.  The cable isn't exactly like TI's Graph Link, but it's just as
good and it gets the job done well.
        I hope this helps.  Good luck!
:-O      Amazing or shocked smiley
                   8-)