From:   Open discussion of TI Graphing Calculators  On Behalf Of Niklas Brunlid
Sent:   Sunday, June 08, 1997 8:19 AM
To:     CALC-TI@LISTS.PPP.TI.COM
Subject:        ln(e) <>1 on TI-92 II

This may be an old bug, but I haven't seen it before:

  d(e^(a*x+b*y),x)      (d=derive)

gives the answer

  a*ln(e)*e^(a*x+b*y)

on my TI-92 II. It fails to see that ln(e) should be simplified to 1.
A somple ln(e) gives you the answer 1, though...

--

 - Niklas Brunlid (nma95nbr@student1.lu.se)
PQF quote follows:

"Let's just say that if complete and utter chaos was lightning, he'd be the
sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and
shouting 'All gods are bastards'."
        -- Rincewind discussing Twoflower
           (Terry Pratchett, The Colour of Magic)