Re: Help on building TI85 to PC linking cable

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Scott K <PhenixK@AOL.COM> wrote:

>3rd)  I'm pretty sure he meant that you had to disect a 25pin serial printer
>cable in order for you to attach the linker; so how much did that put into
>the cost of building the cable?
First. Don't disect a cable. Thats just confusing. Go to Radio Shack
and hand them the list of parts on the web page. (the only thing they
don't have is the sterio-submini thingy. Use a sterio-mini-plug and
buy the adapter.)

>1st)  How do you attach the different parts of the 2.5mm plug to the printer
>port or printer cable?
Once you have your part from Radioshack look at the back end where you
connect the wires. It will be numbered in small hard to read type. The
lines on the schematics reprisent wires.

>2nd) He had some pictures of a anode/cathode tube, and my question is, how
>are you supposed to use that?
Yes. You should connect it pointing in the same direction as the
picture.

>4th)  How long and how hard was it to build the linker?
25 min. But I'm not very good at this stuff.

-Andy.