Re: TI-92 Problems (Fargo related?)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

antares@nospam.intrex.net wrote:

> On Fri, 30 May 1997 20:53:14 -0400, Terry Carl <terry@enter.net>
> wrote:
>
> >Hello,
> >I am having problems with my recently purchased TI-92, and FARGO.  So
> >far, the thing has crashed (locked up, whatever) and forced me to take
> >out the batteries and reset the mem about 10 times in 2 days.  It ends
> >up saying that it has -29k mem free, then just locks up.  The only way
> >to stop it, is to take out the batteries, resetting it.  It's extremely
> >annoying.  At first I thought it was a certain fargo program, but it
> >just seems to do it after a few minutes of running a fargo program, no
> >matter which one I try.  It locks up after I exit the program, usually
> >when I press 2nd+On to turn it off, it just sits with the busy thing on.
> >The calc is ROM version 1.11.  I've been looking everywhere, but I can't
> >find anything saying how you can upgrade the ROM or even where to get
> >the upgrade module for the TI-92 from TI.  Do I just call ticares?
> >Most of the fargo programs I was using were games, but most all of them
> >said they had no bugs.
> >I dunno.
> >
> >Any help is appreciated,
> >Terry Carl, Jr.
>
> There was a problem with one of the ROM 1.11 versions and Fargo. You
> can find the fix at
>
> http://lhq.com/~bryan/fargo/
>
> antares@nospam.intrex.net
> (Romove "nospam." if replying)

This won't help the lock-up problem at all, but to reset your calc, a
much easier way than taking out all the batteries is to press
2nd-hand-on.

                                Notrub

--
"If you believe in something, then no proof is needed; if you don't
believe, then no proof is sufficient."

                                --Unknown
mailto:notrub1@bangornews.infi.net