Found a SR-10!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Found a SR-10!

Hi,
I have just aquired a Texas Instruments SR-10 "Electonic Slide Rule
Calculator"  Assembled in Brazil, Serial Number "SR10 1224657"

It seems quite old for a handheld calculator, and very simple, just
the basic 4 fuctions + - / * plus Square Roots,   Positive-Negitive ,
percents, and some stuff i don't understand yet like   "CD" and "EE"
and X which is squared. I collect calculators, I'm just not too good
at advanced maths (!) ;-)

It has an Internal Recharable Battery, Which can be powered for 4-6
hours o.    Power saver circut turns off display- except for 1st digit
- 15 seconds after last operation. Restore display by pressing = key.
Calculator can be operated during Recharge.

It has a label on the back which explains much, but doesn't give the
date of release.

It came in a Leatherette case and has a damaged transformer, which
needs it's wire to be mended which seems to be a problem on most 1970s
TI Calc Power Supplies Like the TI58/59's  which I had to mend a year
ago :(  I don't know if it will power up because I don't have annother
8volt P/S. also it's an LED model of course for being a 70s TI Calc.

If anyone can give me any tidbits of information on this really nice
calcualtor please mail or post to the group.

Regards,
Alan Ricotta
saturn@naples.net