Re: precision on all calcs

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: precision on all calcs

I was just making a joke.  I think everyone now agrees that
180*sin(1) does not equal PI, however it would if we redefined whar
sine was, we could make it Pi.  Like I said, it was a joke, and like
most jokes, the humor runs dry when you have to explain it.
Ridiculous isn't it?

Tomas

>WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY???!  I FEAR NOT EVEN YOU KNOW.
>
>PLEASE *STOP* THIS OVERBLOWN PRECISION DISCUSSION.  THERE IS SO MUCH

>IGNORANCE PERMEATING THESE REDICULOUS RAMBLINGS IT'S JUST THAT -
REDICULOUS.

>On Sat, 28 Jun 1997, Tomas C wrote:
>
>> I agree, but if we had an unaccurate calculation of sine, then,
THEN

=
>> >changing to

>> >undocumented