From:   Open discussion of TI Graphing Calculators  On Behalf Of Matt Maurano
Sent:   Thursday, June 19, 1997 11:31 PM
To:     CALC-TI@LISTS.PPP.TI.COM
Subject:        Re: QUESTIONS about the TI-86!?!

On Thu, 19 Jun 1997 20:03:07 -0400, TI85Calc@AOL.COM wrote:

>I just bought a TI-86!
>
>I have a total of seven questions, that I like to be answered.  You may not
>have to have knowledge on the TI-86s to answer these questions.   ANY help
>will be appreciated!
>

>1.)  I searched all of TICALC.ORG, and TI.COM/CALC..   Neither of them have
>ANY information on the TI-86 Graph link.     Can anyone tell me WHERE I can
>get ANY TI-86 Linking program?

TI will release one when they finish it. (They had a beta 83 version a
couple months after the 83 was done).

>2.)  Also, TI said they would develop STAT programs for the TI-86 once it
>releases.  I don't see any!

Relax. Its been out for a week.

>3.)  Are there going to be any Linking programs for the TI-86 that will be
>"$5 parallel-port link" compatible?  I already built one for my 85, and was
>just wondering there will be one for the TI-86.

Probably.

>4.)  How do you program in assembly language on the 86s?

Probably the same way as on the 83. See #6

>5.)  Is there any possible way you can run TI-85 -Z-shell/Assembly-Language
>games on the TI-86?   For example, a program made in the 86s assembly
>language.
>

>6.)  On page 226 in the TI-86 Guidebook, It says something about the Assembly
>Language Compiler.
>Here's all it says:
>AsmComp(AsciiAssemblyPrgmName,    - Compiles an assembly language program
>written in in ASCII and stores the hex version.
>-------------  What it is this supposed to mean?  How do you write in ASCII?
> (Pardon my computer/calculator illiteracy)

Could it be true? An in-calc compiler? Cool. looks like you can type
in your program (ASCII is a character set. Here, it means "written in
plain text"), and run AsmComp, and it'll compile it. Maybe that takes
up the 30k of memory used.