Re: Run your 82 calc off 110V AC

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Run your 82 calc off 110V AC

Batteries when dead try to charge themselves if there is electricity from
another source (in this case the external power)  This is why most electric
devices say to replace all the batteries at the same time.  If you only
replace one and there is a weak battery, the weak battery tries to charge
it's self up. This charging of the weak battery (thats not a rechargeable
battery) can cause the battery to leak and might damage the electronics.
That is why it took a while to come up with ways to recharge alkalines
because it's a more complex process then other batteries.

Note:  I hardly ever replace the batteries at the same time but this is
what an electrical engineer said.  Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Although you could drill a hole in the battery and let the chemical inside
out of the battery which would take out that problem but the chemical may
be dangerous to handle

Just my thought.

--
Eli Allen       eallen@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us