Re: New Web Site Opened!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: New Web Site Opened!

On Thu, 19 Jun 1997, Richard Bowman wrote:

> http://tionline.home.ml.org/
>
> BowmanSoft Software is proud to announce TIonline. This premier site
> overcomes all Texas Instruments sites currently available. Currently
> with informaiton, FAQs, and links for the TI-80 through TI-92, it is
> already the best information site. And with new FAQs, message boards,
> and file libraries coming within a week, this site should be YOUR home
> page.
>
> The site is updated DAILY, and we are constantly adding more information
> and expanding into more content areas. We are not content to take a back
> seat ride in the exciting calculator world. And neither should you...
> your first stop on the web! http://tionline.home.ml.org/.

OK you lamer. This is crazy. I though that TI-Files was a ripoff of
ticalc.org, now I've changed my mind. TIonline is NOTHING but ticalc.org
with every instance of ticalc.org changed to TIonline. Except for the
front door page, which is much worse looking and working than ticalc.org's
page.

You also STOLE TI-Files's reviews. If you had half a brain, you'd know
that what you did is illegal, it's a violation of US copyright laws. You
could be in serious trouble. Anyway, you WILL be rejected by the entire TI
community, and probably mailbombed. Your server will be hacked. I'm not
saying I'm going to do this though. :P

I just can't believe it. You copied almost every page from ticalc.org and
put it on your server, calling it your own. I just don't understand WHY
anyone would want to do such a stupid lame thing.

I don't know what else to say. IF you want to mirror ticalc.org, go ahead.
Don't copy it and call it your own.

-Tim
--
Tim P. Gerla | timg@means.net | http://timg.home.ml.org/ | Tybstar@IRC

Use NT if you want to hack out a way to restart your telnetd
when it crashes. Use Linux if you don't want your telnetd to
crash. http://www.linux.com/

Follow-Ups: References: