From:   Open discussion of TI Graphing Calculators  On Behalf Of n X t
Sent:   Wednesday, June 18, 1997 8:47 AM
To:     CALC-TI@LISTS.PPP.TI.COM
Subject:        Re: speed

On Wed, 18 Jun 1997 15:26:05 UT Jeff Tyrrill <Jeff_Tyrrill@MSN.COM>
writes:
>I think we should add a column: The NUMBER of variables that are in
>the calc;
>that is what matters. Everyone, when you do this test, go to
>MEM/DELETE/ALL
>and count the variables. Don't use VARS/ALL, because that shows a
>bunch of
>extra variables that can't be deleted. Say how many variables were in
>your
>calc when you did the test. I'm not sure that the number of free bytes
>makes
>any difference at all.

when i did this i did exactly that.. i RESETED.. (2nd mem reset all yes)
then i took note of the mem... typed up the program as program I (i) then
ran it.. once to tokenize it (ti85 needs to do that) i deleted the X var
after that. (that leaves XSTAT YSTAT and program I in my memory) (x and y
stat are undeletable) then i ran the program again.. and got my time of
11 seconds.. then i deleted the program.. and the x and got my original
mem free from when i resetted..

soo.. as we call all see. with test results for ti82,83,85,92... the ti85
is the fastest..

oh one more thing.. i took my friend's 83.. and (long time ago) and i
graph something on both. and the ti83 won. i dont' know if it was
bevcause my mem (ti85) was full (which it is usually full during school
year) or what..

---
-nXt
   nxt@geocities.com   http://nxt.home.ml.org            <-- Web Page