Re: ZSHELL?????

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: ZSHELL?????

>Maybe you just aren't using the right PC or the right OS?  I agree
>with you that many programs for Windows 3.1/Windows 95 are very
>unreliable.  I'll even say that DOS programs are somewhat unreliable.
>However, Windows NT, OS/2, and any of the Unix operating systems are
>very reliable.  I am currently using Windows 95 and Linux 2.0.30.  My
>Windows 95 system will crash at least 4 to 6 times per week, just
>doing regular things.  My Linux system, maybe once.

>Another thing I agree with you is the fact that the MacOS is a great
>OS.  But, I think the Macs are too closed.  They should be more open
>like PCs.

I agree.  I am a Mac user and prefer the OS to Windows personally, but
Apple just pisses me off because they have screwed themselves.  I doesn't
matter which one is actually better (to a business), just the sales.  BETA
tapes were actually better than VHS but which ones do we use now?  The
point is PCs and Microsoft have done a much better job marketing to the
people buying the computers - Apple just assumed their's was better and
made no attempt to attract new customers.  Therefore they went downhill
until the point where you can't ever find what you are looking for on a
Mac because nobody carries it, etc., etc.  For all practical purposes,
unless you are already a Mac user you should buy PCs simply because you
can actually use them without a hassle - apparently this is what Apple
suggests also :)