ASH <-> OShell (Info.)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

ASH <-> OShell (Info.)

Here is the latest update on the ASH <-> OShell-82 Development Kit:

Jul 25, 1997:  Okay, I'm back from vacation.  I really didn't get much of a
chance to work on the kit though (bummer).  However, I removed around 25
lines of code from the sprite routine that weren't really needed.  This was
mainly made of loops that I replaced with simple ADD statements.  I also
caught a bug that would have crashed my calculator when using left
clipping.  I still have quite a few optimizations to go before I'm finished
with a decent routine.  The current speed is good (for a first routine),
but it could be better.  By tomorrow, I should have some updates on the
speed comparison list.  Remember, I'm aiming for 800 sprites/sec. on a
filled 8x8 non-clipped image and 100 lines of source code.

Well, that brings you all up to date.

                 Thomas J. Hruska -- thruska@tir.com
                    http://shinelight.home.ml.org