Re: ok, the big question;

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: ok, the big question;

== Forwarded Message Follows =========================================

 * Originally By: tgaardvark@aol.com
 * Originally Re: Re: ok, the big question;

While we're on the topic of 86's, has anyone seen TI's demo program? I work
at OfficeMax, and we just set up a new "Back to School With TI" display. When
I got the chance, I decided to check out the new 86 (selling for $129.99
U.S.). When I pressed [ON], I got a menu like this:

Stuff I don't remember
    1. Start demo
    2. Skip demo

[snip]

When I went to check out the TI-92 at Staples I asked for a guidebook
so I could try to use the display model.  The sales clerk couldn't find
the book for the display model; instead she opened a new package and
gave me that.  A demo program would have been a nice feature for the
TI-92.  Think of all the returned TI-92s that were opened for their
guidebooks. :-)

I did buy the calculator there after requesting that they meet the
$169.99 sales price offered at Service Merchandise.  I offered to
buy the opened one (I had left the store for four hours between
playing with the demo and returning to buy it) but they just ignored
me.
              Raymond Zeitler, Design Engineer

      Phonon Corp.  90 Wolcott Road  Simsbury, CT 06070
             TEL 860-651-0211  FAX 860-651-8618

-Raymond Zeitler
r.zeitler@ieee.org