Re: TI-86 shell for running ZShell programs

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 07:02 AM 7/23/97 -0400, Bryan Rabeler wrote:
>Martin Hallnds wrote:
>
>> Is there any shell out there for the TI-86 that can run ZShell
>> programs
>
>Nope, not yet.

Allow me to be a little more specific.  TI-85 ASM programs of any type,
ZShell or otherwise, cannot be run on the 86 due to different ROM routines.
 In order to allow 85 programs, the ASM program must be re-written with the
new ROM calls, or an emulator would have to be made.  Because TI does not
want the ROM floating around all over, you would not be allowed to use
their ROM to make an emulator unless you owned an 85.  Programming an
emulator from scratch, while possible, would be far to much of an annoyance
than it's worth, unless of course there are alot of thing in ASM for the 85
that you want, and the authors won't port them for you.

gaffney@thethinker.com - Tiocfaidh Ár Lá / Our Day Will Come

"If Ignorance Is Bliss Then Wipe The Smile Off My Face"
http://www.thethinker.com/members/gaffney/