Re: TI-CALC flames

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-CALC flames

Even though I don't presonally like the ti-files, I feel that this was
totally uncalled for (see quoted message), especially to this
mailing-list/newsgroup (yes, it's a newsgroup too
bit.listserv.calc-ti).  I'm sure other people will respond to/flame this
so, i'll let them use all the harsh language, but I'd expect a little
more maturity from a student at the University of Illinois at
Urbana-Champaign.  If an apology is not posted to this mailing-list by
friday 7/25, I will report this abusive email to the Student Computing
Staff <manager@students.uiuc.edu>.  If anyone else found this email to
be abusive/offensive, i would advise them to do the same.
Sincerely,
  mortis

Note: Notice, no insults, profanity, or eccessive capitol letters were
used.  This is not intended to be a "flame".  I see it as a mature way
to deal with this email I feel to be abusive and inappropriate.  This
message is being sent to jeffrey steven bunds <bunds@STUDENTS.UIUC.EDU>
and <CALC-TI@LISTS.PPP.TI.COM>.

jeffrey steven bunds <bunds@STUDENTS.UIUC.EDU> wrote:

> KILL TI-FILES!!! TI-FILES MUST DIE!!! KILL TI-FILES!!! TI-FILES MUST DIE!!!
<snip (same line thing repeated 8 times)>

> On Mon, 21 Jul 1997, Patrick wrote:
>
> > Thomas J. Hruska wrote:
> > >
> > > There were some previous flames against ticalc.org saying they copied
> > > TI-FILES.  However, it works the other way around too.  As the owner of the
> > > ASH <-> OShell-82 Development Kit v0.9b3, I only uploaded my program to
> > > TI-CALC.org.  Now tell me how in the world TI-FILES got my program on their
> > > site without my permission?  Now, THAT is copying.
> > >
> > >                  Thomas J. Hruska -- thruska@tir.com
> > > Shining Light Productions -- "Meeting the needs of fellow programmers"
> > >          http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/8504
> > >                     http://shinelight.home.ml.org
> > You don't think that by posting it into a public forum, that it is
> > appropriate for people to copy?
> > I am not defending TI-Files, I hate them, but once its out there, you
> > can't expect it to stay in one place.
> > I'm sure they would remove it on request, I know I would.
> >
> > --
> > Patrick
> > psweeney@geocities.com
> > psweeney@rocketmail.com
> > psweeney@technologist.com
> > sweenp@rpi.edu
> > thpdg@geocities.com
> > http://thpdg.home.ml.org
> >
> KILL TI-FILES!!! TI-FILES MUST DIE!!! KILL TI-FILES!!! TI-FILES MUST DIE!!!
<snip (same thing 23 times)>

--
| TI-85 Shell Central                                       |