ASH <-> OShell (Info.)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

ASH <-> OShell (Info.)

This update on the ASH <-> OShell-82 Development Kit should interest some
people:

Jul 13, 1997:  I have a few optimizations to make yet in the single pixel
graphics library before I can call it done.  I just discovered today that
my FIND_PIXEL routine doesn't change HL like the one on ROM page 4 does.
So, I solved this problem by creating two more routines.  In doing so, I
realized TI made a mistake with FIND_PIXEL.  Nobody will use both the
memory locations of ($800F) and ($8011) in the same routine as hl (at least
I can't think of any).  HL, in TI's version of FIND_PIXEL, is normally used
for the location of a byte in a graph buffer.  ($800F) and ($8011) are
normally used for moving to the specified pixel location at (b,c).  My
optimizations in this matter, should increase the speed a little bit.  I
still have to decide whether or not what type of software this should be.
I am going to need a LOT of response from people if they don't want this to
end up as shareware!

UPDATE Jul 13, 1997:  I think I have figured out how Multi_Key will work.
Remember, Multi_Key is going to be a routine which will allow for multiple
keypresses to be detected at one time.  If you programmed for TI-Basic and
used the GetKey statement, it will work in the same way.  An example:
Multi_Key(Key_25) will see if the up arrow is pressed.  This routine will
use the zero flag as the indicator if the key was pressed or not.  An
advantage of this will be that no registers will be destroyed!

THIS MIGHT BECOME SHAREWARE IF I DON'T GET ENOUGH RESPONSE TO THE SOFTWARE.
 I HAVE NO WAY OF TELLING HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE DOWNLOADED IT.  E-MAIL IS
THE ONLY WAY TO TELL ME WHAT **YOU** THINK OF IT.

TIA,

                 Thomas J. Hruska -- thruska@tir.com
                    http://shinelight.home.ml.org