Re: memory expansion

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: memory expansion

Inwoo Kim wrote:

> for those people interested in memory expansion
> the expander sf if no longer made mel tsai is working
> on a expander II it will be controlled by an microprocceser
> and will be able to send backups!!
> mel's url
> http://www.egr.msu.edu/~tsaunekv/expander.html
>
> a diffrerent person working on this project is
> BryonR2 on IRC
> his url
> http://www.flashnet/~bryanr/extend/
>
> they both are the same project but they are very compeditive
> this memory expantion will be cheaper than the expander sf

At the risk of wasting this group's time with a flame, I would like to
say
that I do NOT appreciate what this guy has just done. His information is
somewhat incorrect, and his post almost borders on a prank.

Allow me to clarify:

I am NOT in ANY way working on the same design as Mel. Mel is still in
the
fairly early design stage, however, I have much of my design set
in stone, and have already ordered $120 worth of parts. In addition,
Mel and I both have different design goals. It is true that we have
been collaborating via IRC, however NEITHER of us has actually TRIED
backup sending - So I would prefer to say that it is POSSIBLE that it
will send
backups - WILL is a bit too strong, in this case, though.

Also, I don't know if this guy was simply mistaken, or pulling some kind
of
childish sherade. But both of his URLs are wrong. Here are the correct
URLs:

Mel Tsai's TI Memory Expansion homepage:

http://www.egr.msu.edu/~tsaimelv/expander.htm

The Extender uP homepage:

http://www.flash.net/~bryanr/extend/

Hopefully this will clear this up,