Memory Expansion Product!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Memory Expansion Product!

Hi,

I just wanted to let you know that I have been developing a 512K
memory expansion device as of late. This product will, of course,
have a 512K capacity, and will use the Atmel 4MBit serial flash
EEPROMs. It will work with the TI-92 first, with TI-85 and TI-82
software ports soon to follow. I have posted schematics, and
have written about half of the firmware and TI-92 software. I have
also ordered parts. This device will include a very handy button,
which, when pressed, will reload Fargo onto the TI-92! This is
very useful for crash recovery. I do not have this working yet,
but it seems to be fairly simple to do.

I expect to have a fully functional prototype in about two weeks.

Best of all, I expect to sell the 512k version for around $40. This is
quite a bit less than the old Expander SF, and 512K is enough to
store practically every Fargo program ever written.

Hopefully, Atmel will soon release 8MBit and 16MBit versions of
this chip, allowing a 1MB and 2MB version to be built very easily.
These chips are slated for release later this year.

If you're interested, you should check out my Extender uP page. It's
at http://www.flash.net/~bryanr/extend/

Essentially, this is designed to be a replacement for the old Extender
SF. TI-92 guys need a product like this. I truly hope this will be
memory expansion for the rest of us.

Thanks for your time and sorry for the ad,

Bryan Rittmeyer
bryanr@flash.net