Re: Frustrated Ash user

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Frustrated Ash user

> I have what i like to think of as a huge problem.  A few weeks before
> the two 82 shells were released, I had accelerated my calculator, and it
> was oretty cool!  i sacrificed a little stability, but it was twice as
> fast!  Then, the shells came out...  I dowmloaded Ash, along with a few
> programs.  I was skeptic at first, but contrary to what some people
> thought, it was not a hoax at all.  Unfortunately, I am having recurring
> problems with the programs in the shell.  For instance, in the program
> "Dumb Jumping Man", the guy leave a trail of pixels behind him, making
> it hard to see.  This is also true with "Weave".  The lines I'm supposed
> to dodge also leave behind a trail of seemingly useless pixels.  I think
> that this is because I accelerated my calculator, but I'm not sure...
> So I'm asking:

I don't get any pixels left behind on my calc, which is not turboed.

There is a display controller in the 82 which is used to write to the screen.
It is slower than the rest of the calc, so you must insert delays between
accessing it.

Probably what has happened, is the delays got much shorter after you turboed
your calc, and the display controller can't keep up.

Assuming everything else works fine except the weird pixels...