Re: anyone out there going to purchase a 86

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: anyone out there going to purchase a 86

> anyone out there going to purchase a 86
> don't get it
> it is better to pay 40 bucks more and get the 92
> if you buy it at W.E.S.T.
> the 92 has way greater functions
> and the 92 has 70k available mem
> but upgradeable to 256k INTERNALLY
> (upgrade only available in europe right now)
> anyone want the know the 800 # to west
> just e-mail me back
> the ti92 that i purchased a month ago
> rocks
> the games for it are 10 times better
> better graphix
> better game play
> (this is my opinon)

I would much rather have an 86 personally. I am waiting until lots of people
have used it so I can find a good ROM version.

The 92 is upgradable to 256k, but as you say, only if you can get it from
Europe.

The real reason I would like to have an 86 is because I think it would be more
`fun'. =8-)

I'm sure the games are 10 times better, and it has great graphics. But it
is basically a mini computer, and not a calculator, altho the distinction
is kind of blurred with the TI graphing calcs.

The full keyboard is nice, but sort of overkill. And it won't fit in your
pocket. Part of the fun is taking the calc around with you. As far as I
know, the CPU used in the 92 is the same one used in the original
Macintosh.

For me, the 8x calcs are fun just because they aren't that powerful. You
are stretching a very old processor to it's limits. It's a very nice
calculator, but a very primitive computer. The 92 crosses the line...

And if all you base your decision of which calc to buy on is great games
with great graphics, why not get a Gameboy? You can pick one up for $40.

Or, since you say the 92 is only 40 bucks more, get an 86 and a gameboy, for
the same price. =8-)

TTFN
Andy