Re: 86 Basic to ASM

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 86 Basic to ASM

Ok, enough is enough.  Tyrrill, you don't know what you are talking about.
There is absolutely no reason why TI Basic cannot be compiled.  Compiled
languages require a run time library, and guess what???  TI has one, it is
called the ROM.

I have compiled Basic statements into Asm, and then simply pointed to the
Rom routines to perform the complicated stuff.  I will not release mine
because it means that I would have to maintain it, and I don't have the
time.  I am, however, sure that one of the high schoolers would be more
than thrilled to spend his time doing this type of a project, rather than
wasting time writing silly games.  This is a very useful project, with real
applications for engineers, and students who need more power than they can
get out of BASIC.

Why, you might ask.  Write the program in BASIC.  Convert it to ASM.  Then
optimize it to do things that cannot be conveniently done in BASIC.
Unfortunately, my guess is that only games would then be written.

Just my opinion.
domroy