From:   Open discussion of TI Graphing Calculators  On Behalf Of Bert Kuo
Sent:   Sunday, July 06, 1997 12:19 AM
To:     CALC-TI@LISTS.PPP.TI.COM
Subject:        Memory fragmentation?

Ok, I was just wondering... Does memory usage on the TI-8x caculators ever
become fragmented, like how a hard drive would?  Like, if I had 300 bytes
free, then wrote programs A,B, and C, each 100 bytes in length.  Then i
deleted programs A and C, and wrote a 200 byte program, D.  Would this
program D span two separate blocks of memory?  if it doesn't, why not, andif
it is a normal/routine occurence, how does the calculator know where to read
to next?

Bert Kuo
(bertk@blarg.net)