Need certain "equation"

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Need certain "equation"

Dear Sirs/Madams:

I wanted to draw an "anatomically correct" graph of the Earth, was about
to input the Y1 & Y2 for a regular circle but remembered that the Earth
is not a true sphere but slightly bulging at the sides & flattened at the
poles (I vaguely remember some weird name--spherical obloid or sumthin').
 Could someone provide me w/ the right  equation/s for the
above-mentioned shape?

Here's a thought: if I was looking at New York City on a globe, & moved
the globe so that NYC was "lowered" (I could now see more of the North
Pole), the resulting shape of the globe from my perspective would be a
"rounder" version of the original shape (I'm talking about their
respective graphs)  I'm imagining the new view would have a "taller"
bulge at the sides & rounder poles.  Just a thought.

Happy 4th everyone, & thanks in advance for any replies.

****Infinity + 1 = Infinity****
Ryan  ;~^(
<ryanaggabao@juno.com>

P.S:  Thanks to ADAMMAN106@aol.com, TGaArdvark@aol.com, & Andy Johnson of
prjohnson@sisna.com for answering my question about LCD cleaning; you
were all helpful, but I would just like to add that TI seems to have
"left" a small, GLUELESS triangular area in the upper-right corner of my
TI-82's plastic screen...perfect for planting a really small,
flat-headed, prying object to open the screen.  Coincidence?  Hmmm.