Re: Fargo problems, and a Ti-BASIC question

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Bill Risher wrote:

> on the 92, in tibasic, is there any way to display the contents of a
> folder?(like the dos DIR command)
>
> Also, in reference to fargo:
>
> IT WONT WORK!  Can anyone out there help me figure out why?
> I reset the memory on my calc.  Then I transfer a backup to my
> computer.
> Then I run PUTFARGO.BAT on it, which nearly doubles the size.  Then I
> send it back.  The computer says that there was an error, and the
> calc-screen goes black.  I lower the contrast, and now I get different
>
> things each time.  It either:
>
> freezes til i take out the batteries OR
> works fine, but gives a protected memory error when i hit shift+on OR
> displays a bunch of garbage til i reset it
>
> I am using ROM v1.11 and am trying to use Fargo v0.1.15
>
> any ideas?
>
> --
> Bill Risher        Sparr               UIN:1952775             __
> Faction #44        Makra               FON:6156484164         (  )
> mailto://billr1@geocities.com          FAX:6155526807          \/
> http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Vista/5807/index.html   ()

    Use WinLink (for Win95).  Download the ROM backup (if you can't find
it, E-Mail me and I'll try to find it for you), the Fargo shell, and
some Fargo programs (I recommend Tetris and Plain Jump).  Go into
WinLink.  Test the connection to your calculator (must be plugged in,
turned on, and at the home screen).  If it works, go to Open Variables
(one of the tabs at the top).  Select the Fargo backup file that you
downloaded from the Internet.  Send it to the calculator.  Then send
"shell.92p".  Now send a game or two.  When this is done, type "shell()"
at the home screen.  This run the Fargo Shell.  Select main to see your
Fargo programs.  Alternatively, with Winlink, I think you can just hit
Install Fargo to put the system on your calculator.  Then transfer shell
and some programs.  I had the same problem when trying this on a
friend's calculator.  Good luck!

-Jeremy