Re: TOUGH 82 problems. GOOD programmers click here...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TOUGH 82 problems. GOOD programmers click here...

1) String input without quotes.  You all know you can store strings to the
function variables (Y=, Un, etc...), but you have to put quotes around the
string.  This is a major problem with user-friendliness, and we'd like to
get around it if we could.  Does anyone know how to do this (No ASM, this
is for the ROM, no shells this time...)?

you can't,   I know you can put strings in thoughs functions but how do you
display them again once they are there?

2) Executing external programs.  You can EASILY execute another program
from within a program, but the problem is that you have to write the
program name directly into the code.  Is there a way to either a) have the
calculator determine and make available all of the programs in it's RAM; or
b) write a self-modifying program or one that modifies another program's
code?  Again, no ASM, save that for the PC.  Part of the fun of this is the
challenge of doing this stuff in TI-Basic...

You can't do that either,  Lots of programers have tried.   I have writein
programs that run a script, from a matrics, that self modify, but that will not
work they way you want,

Follow-Ups: References: