Re: TI-85 Link

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-85 Link

On Fri, 05 Dec 1997 00:21:29 -0600, tlindner@antigo.com wrote:

>Hello all!!
>
>I've recently discovered the possibilities of downloading programs from
>the Internet and putting them into my TI-85 calculator.  However, the
>cable is expensive, so I built my own cable for 7 bucks.  According to
>the meter, everything checks out.  But when I put it on the computer and
>my calculator, it fails to work.  First problem, the calculator freezes
>up... well it's just slows down BIG time.  Then whenever I try and send
>or receive it just doesn't work, always getting a transmission error. Is
>there something special I'm missing here?? Are you suppose to hook up the
>stuff in a special order? Like plug in serial port, then calculator, then
>startup PC program, then turn on calculator?? I don't know what's wrong.
>It should work fine.  I got the plans from ticalc.org and I tried using
>Connect85 for windows and ThriftyLink which is made by the same guys who
>designed the homemade cable I have.  If anyone could give me out, please
>send to: tlindner@antigo.com

>      http://www.dejanews.com/     Search, Read, Post to Usenet

I tried to make this same link-cable a couple of months ago with THAT
same effect, I gave up with MUCH frustration.  This morning, I tried
the parallel interface link cable.  talk about EASY to make!  You only
need two switching diodes and a printer cable!  I have successfully
used both "link85xp.exe" and "link92xp.exe" to transfer to and from
both my TI-85 and TI-92.
Here is a link to the page you need.:
http://www.ticalc.org/mirror/parallel/index.html

Later.