Re: TI-85 Link

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-85 Link

> First you hook your cable up to your computer, turn it on (the
> computer), goes to DOS mode. (Works best, windows is a "calc-freezer".
> Then you start your calc tranfer program, CAL is the one i found
> best,(get it at www.ticalc.org) Then you plug it into the calc, which
> now should not freeze.(the calc can be ON when you plug it.) If it still
> freezes try to rend or recive to "clear" up the port. Remember to set
> CAL to transfer to the right port.
> As I can see, your problem might be that windows is assigned to a
> printer, which holds the port.
> IF IN DOUBT ALWAYS USE DOS.
> --
> JTK

Well Jack, true, Windows does SOMETIMES go nutz with calc
transmissions... But, I am using Wtran8x without any problems. I can use
either CAL or wtran, even on my zip drive (switching printer/calc-cable)
while the computer is on has no problems. Although, this was not evident
on my first cable that I built, (It SUCKED, and it didn't work anyhow,
even though linktest.com showed to the correct values).

Try rebuilding it, you may have screwed the diodes up (too much heat via
soldering), you did... solder them right?

-(:P Modem Boy d:)-
-(:P -=TI-86=- d:)-