Re: problem with fargo

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: problem with fargo

On Thu, 28 Aug 1997 22:33:59 -0700, Michael J Lew <spotsgf@JUNO.COM>
wrote:

First of all, have you set the %FARGO% variable in DOS? And added
%FARGO%\bin to your path? I believe it's in the docs, but here we go
anyway:

 [In AUTOEXEC.BAT, add:]
SET FARGO=x:\path\fargo         <= Set to where fargo is
PATH %PATH%;%FARGO%\bin

>I have not been able to get Fargo to work for me, i have the parallel
>link cable and it works fine. I have tried installing fargo using the
>autofarg command, but after it requests and recieves the backup it lists
>"bad command or file name twice and then says "sending
>backup...102554/102554"  then after that it lists "unsuccessful"  and the

It should say "unsuccessful" - you have read all the docs before
posting, haven't you? :)

>at this point my screen is completely black because the contrast is set
>to max. I have rom version 1.11  When  I try running "shell()" i only get

ROM 1.11, eh? Go to http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Park/5275/
and try both ROM 1.11 backups - just run the LINK.EXE program and send
the .92b file to your calc.

>a "pause" message at the lower right corner of my screen. I have also
>tried doing the process manually  using the putfargo command and then
>manually copying the *.92p files.  I have also noticed a difference
>between my calculator and other 92's mine is missing that black plug
>thing in the back - instead it's got a chip in between the two rows of

That plug is for that projector LCD screen - unless you plan on using
your 92 as a tool when speaking in front of a group and/or teaching,
you're not missing anything.

>plugs - could this be the reason? Well i'm really stuck and any help you
>could give would be really appreciated.

Please mail any questions, or at least CC them ;-)