Re: Need TI-86 Shell or OS

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Need TI-86 Shell or OS

>And you can start all Windows' programs from the DOS command line.

Correct. In fact, that's exactly how I run windows 95. Explorer
doesn't exist. I don't have a taskbar, nor do I have a start menu. The
background is black. No desktop. Upon hitting ctrl+alt+del to see
what's loaded, the box is completely empty, aside from 4dos.com. My
harddisk never runs all over itself writing for hours (swap file
stuff), and I can start the whole office97 suit in 2 seconds.

This is on a pentium 133. Imagine what a 'shell' does to a simple 6
Mhz Z80 based calculator.

NB: True, the starting stuff took me longer. I programmed a fairly
simple tsr that displays a small dialog box with the start menu in
text (with long filenames too.) however, that takes considerable
space.

Follow-Ups: References: