Re: BEST CALC 1997 !!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: BEST CALC 1997 !!!

On Mon, 25 Aug 1997 15:31:30 GMT, tdevries@nei.com (Tim DeVries)
wrote:

>On Mon, 25 Aug 1997 16:00:34 +0100, Ashwin Kumar Sharma
><Ashwin@tarantella.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>Vote for your best calculator ever:
>>
>>Isn't the TI-92 the best of the best?
>>
>>If you know of a better one then let me know?
>>
>>Also how do you program it-know of a good book?
>>
>>Cheers mateys
>>--
>>Ashwin Kumar Sharma
>
>The 92 is the most powerful, fastest, etc. calculator to my knowledge.
>The only flaw it has is that it is apparently too powerful as many
>colleges won't let you use it (classified as a laptop computer due to
>qwerty keyboard).

Actually, the TI-92 is classified as complete palmtop, eventhough it
does not currently support any common operating system like dos or
Windows CE. While it is sold as a 'calculator', it's actually a
palmtop, as reflected in the price, in design (qwerty, very big
display), and internally (a crystal for a clock.. you really don't see
that in calculators.) Therefore, it is debatable whether you should
call the 92 the 'best' calc.. a gameboy beats it at games, and a
powerful palmtop running something like Maple would beat it at math.

Follow-Ups: References: