Re: TI-85

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-85

n X t wrote:

> On Tue, 19 Aug 1997 18:47:24 -0500 PHC <paulhc@NETWORKUSA.NET> writes:
> >Is the TI-85 still being made?  I thought it was replaced like the 82
> >with the 83.  But I was reading the TI-85 FAQ at TI's site and it said
> >the 85's are still in production.  Is this true?
>
> you have no idea what you're talking about :).. the TI85 is LIGHTYEARS
> AHEAD of the TI82 and still 83!!!

Yeah, damn straight :)  Although what I think "PHC" is referring to is
the fact that no one in the vegetable intelligence level is buying 85's
anymore.  The reason?  Haven't we heard this over and over again?  "I
heard the 85 isn't 'user-friendly'."... sheesh :)  If only people would
read the manuals.... ;D

I must say however, that the 85 is BY FAR the best calc you can get in
the ~ $99 range (except for the 86, but that one is ~ $120).  It's got
power, zshell, and those nifty little menus. :)

> yes it's still in production.. WHY wouldn't it?? all the calculators are
> in production except the ti81  (yes the 80 is still in production)
> (correct me if i'm wrong)

It's about time they stopped making those damned 81's. :)  What a CRAPPY
calculator!