Re: ZShell on 86

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: ZShell on 86

> I heard that you didn't need ZShell on the TI-86 to run the *.85s files
the
> TI-85 was using in ZShell.   I heard you could use the TI-86 built in
> assembly functions to run these games.  (*.85s or *.86s)  Is this true,
and
> if so, is the "ASM" function involved?
>
> I have a program called zPong.86s that I transferred to my calculator and
> tried running using "Asm(zPong)" but it said "ERROR 10 DATA TYPE" Am I
using
> the wrong parameters and how do I run it successfully?

You heard wrong. You **CAN NOT** run 85S assembly programs on a TI-86. It
just won't work, due to all of the differences in the ROMs between the two
calculators.

TI-86 ASM programs should be in 86P format, not 86S format. The program
you're running is most likely ZPong for the TI-85 with the name changed. It
won't work.

Nick Zitzmann                             No WWW page at this time.
(Resident Macintosh Tweaker)
                                          Windows 95:
                                          From the people who brought you
                                            EDLIN!