Re: TI-83 Programming Questions

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-83 Programming Questions

<< OK, I'm quite new at TI-BASIC and I need a few pointers. I am sorry if
 I am asking questions that are printed in the manual but I've read it
 from cover to cover and can't find the answers.

 These questions are for the TI-83.

 1. Is it possible to disable the busy indicator from TI-BASIC?

 2. How can you get rid of the "Done" message after a program finishes?
 People seem to want a teacher key, and a blank home screen is better
 than one with a "Done" message.

 3. Is it possible to find out the amount of memory remaining from a
 program?

 4. I need two TI-83's to communicate with each other and swap
 variables over the link. Is there any way to synchronise the transfer
 so that you don't have to press enter on one when the other is ready,
 or will I have to use delay loops? If I do have to use delay loops -
 how long would you reccomend?

 I hope I haven't asked any questions that have been asked before. If I
 have, I apologize.

 Thanks,

 Colin

1) nope

2) yeah, on the TI-82 (should be the same on the 83...) of you do an Output(
at the end, there will be no 'Done' message.  Example:

:lbl 1
:getkey -> X
:if X=45
:then
:output(1,1,"")
:stop
:end
:more code...annoying to type...
:goto 1

BTW, if you dont know how to use getkey, 45=Clear
whenever you do Output( at the end of a program, no 'Done' is displayed

3) no

4) hmm, I'm not sure...I've never made any link proggies

Hope this helps...

~Adamman