Re: Tests and spam! Stop it!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tests and spam! Stop it!

On Thu, 7 Aug 1997 01:36:03 +0000, James Hall <jrhall@INFOCOM.COM>
wrote:

>> There are three things that need to be done to make this list alot more
>                   xxxxx->four things
>> enjoyable for everyone.
>>
>> 1.  Ban nonsubscriber email addresses from posting to the mailing list.
>> This will instantly stop all of the spam.

This is also a newsgroup. They are mirrored to each other.

I just canceled my subscription to calc-ti because of all the junk
(and I don't mean spam) mail there. I really wish people would read
the FAQ once in a while...

>> 2.  Stop posting test messages.  If you want to test your new
>> mail client, send a message to yourself or someone that you know, don't
>> send it to 500 people on a mailing list.

Perhaps they want to test their news program too?

>> 3.  Learn how to unsubscribe.  This is just common sense considering that
>> an email clearly explaining this is emailed to each person when they join
>> the list.

Couldn't agree more on this one!

Follow-Ups: References: