Re: Uhhh... What is "VBRUN100.DLL"?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Uhhh... What is "VBRUN100.DLL"?

Joseph Gaffney wrote:

> At 12:23 PM 8/6/97 -0400, Joe Davison wrote:
> >Obviously YOU are the unintelligent one! What to you think that
> >VBRUN100.DLL just comes bundled with every PC on the planet?! WRONG!!
>
> Your ignorance astounds me =).
This is funny, since I'm completely right!

>vbrun100.dll is included with windows 95,
This is WRONG!

> as well as several other vb runtimes.  If you have windows 3.1, well, you
> probably have it too =).
Do you think that Microsoft would release a program that everyone could
PROBABLY run? Come on, that is the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

>  I never said it came with the software, but I'd
> have to say that less than 1% of the PC (Notice that word/acronym
> there!) world is without it, therefore inclusion of the file will basically
> be worthless to the common user.

THis is also outrageously incorrect! Where are you getting this 1%
figure? It is so WRONG!! Also, having a MAC has nothing to do with this,
since it DOES NOT COME WITH PC'S!!

> >Unless the user happens to have Visual Basic 1.0 (Very Unlikely) *OR*
> >has another program that was made for VB 1.0 (also pretty unlikely),
> >then they would NOT have VBRUN100.DLL.
>
> Well, I'd reply to that, but I'm LAUGHING TOO DAMN MUCH!!!!
>
> >Therefore if you are releasing
> >software made in some arcane version of a programming language, I would
> >consider necessary DLLs A VITAL PIECE OF THE SOFTWARE!!
>
> STILL LAUGHING TOO MUCH TO REPLY!!!

Hmmm. Since THE PROGRAM WILL NOT RUN without the DLL, I would consider
VBRUN100.DLL a vital piece, so I don't see why you're laughing. Oh yeah,
you're probably too STUPID to know what "vital" means!

> >--
> >Joe Davison
> >mailto:lithuania@geocities.com
> >http://members.tripod.com/~Mario_64_World/
>
> =)

> |         Joseph M. Gaffney - gaffney@thethinker.com         |
> |           "Tiocfaidh Ár Lá" / "Our Day Will Come"          |
> |  "If Ignorance Is Bliss Then Wipe The Smile Off My Face"   |

I guess you're pretty blissful!