Re: A82 Web Sites: Remove Pong 1.3 <OShell082>

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Reinier Zwitserloot wrote:

> scuse me?
>
> The things are exactly the same. This is all freeware. What the HECK
> do you think you are trying to accomplish by blaming the writer of the
> conversion kit?

This has already been cleared up. I d/l my game from a page that had the
game converted on a earlier release of the Kit. The game was not
functioning correctly. NOW, however, it is...with the slight exception
that the keys are backwards. I'm willing to overlook that although I'm
not happy about it either.

> Is there some evil motive for THomas Hrusska in converting that? Oh,
> yes, secretly he is planting viruses in it so that eventually he will
> rule all the world.

Stay away from the sci-fi section of your local library, k?

> No. Rather than trying to find people to blame, write some code, THEN
> complain? Or give a reason why you don't like the convertor.

It's not my fault the code was altered, the game worked fine in Ash, the
shell to which it was ORIGINALLY made for. Something happened in the
conversion process...that's Thomas Hruska's code, not mine.

> Now we have a ti82 enthusiast who completely fixes the ASH vs.
> O-Shell82 incompatibility gap, and this listserv gives him a hard
> time. Count to 10 before you post, please.

Spoken like a true non-programmer. =) We're not looking to give him a
hard time, we're all for bridging the gap. We just don't want our code
drug through the mud. We want ACCURATE representation of our games on the
other shell. Spend days learning ASM, take hours to make a game, perfect
it, OPTIMIZE it, release it, and then watch as it appears as crap through
the conversion. How does that make you feel?

> Sidenote: It is his copyright, so the author of pong is right, but I
> honestly see no point in all this accusing. Grow up!

I don't want to gow up 'cause if I did, I couldn't be a Toys "R" Us kid!
=)

                                -Scoobie

Follow-Ups: References: