Re: Uhhh... What is "VBRUN100.DLL"?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Uhhh... What is "VBRUN100.DLL"?

Joseph Gaffney wrote:

> At 06:38 PM 8/4/97 -0400, you wrote:
> >> I can't believe that *I* am providing a vital piece of their software
> >release!
>
> I would just like to touch on this.  IT IS NOT AN EXTREMELY VITAL PIECE!!!
> THE ONLY REASON THAT USER DIDN'T HAVE IT WAS BECAUSE HE WAS ON A MAC!!!!!
> HO UNINTELLIGENT ARE YOU?!?!? =)
>
> Have a nice day =)

Obviously YOU are the unintelligent one! What to you think that
VBRUN100.DLL just comes bundled with every PC on the planet?! WRONG!!
Unless the user happens to have Visual Basic 1.0 (Very Unlikely) *OR*
has another program that was made for VB 1.0 (also pretty unlikely),
then they would NOT have VBRUN100.DLL. Therefore if you are releasing
software made in some arcane version of a programming language, I would
consider necessary DLLs A VITAL PIECE OF THE SOFTWARE!!

BTW, sorry for posting the whole file to the list. I didn't realize that
a few of you were using older mail software, and had to download all
attachments even if you didn't want to.

--
Joe Davison
mailto:lithuania@geocities.com